libdvdcss and region codes

Andru Luvisi luvisi at andru.sonoma.edu
Fri Mar 21 18:40:09 CET 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Gildas Bazin wrote:
[snip]
> Ok, one last attempt. Could you try the attached patch against a clean
> libdvdcss cvs tree. If this doesn't work than I guess it won't be
> possible to get around the region protection scheme of your dvd drive
> because it would mean we can't even have read access to the disc if it
> is of a different region.
>
> I'd be interested in seeing the logs in all cases.
[snip]

Alas, it doesn't seem to have worked.  I have attached the logs.

For what it's worth I can mount the DVD and can see and read several .vob,
.bup and .ifo files, so some form of read access is available...  or are
you talking about read access to some magic place on the DVD other than
where the file system is stored?

Andru
--
Andru Luvisi, Programmer/Analyst

Quote Of The Moment:
  ( Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound. )