DVD error, no media, Could not open /dev/hdc with libdvdcss

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Fri Feb 6 19:29:09 CET 2004

On Friday 06 February 2004 14:10, Sam Hocevar wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 06, 2004, Thorsten Giese wrote:
>
> > [access problems]
> >
> >  I had UDF as an module ... made a new kernel 2.6.2.-rc3 ... compiled
UDF
> > static. no luck.
>
>    We have had lots of such reports. Can you confirm it still works with
> a 2.4 kernel?

I know that ide-scsi emulation was completely broken in the 2.5.x
development series something like 6 months ago. I also think I read
somewhere that the kernel developers didn't recommend using it in 2.6.x so
I'm wondering if the problem is not just that ide-scsi is broken.

I guess I should try it on a brand new kernel when I have the time.

--
Gildas