attempting to compile libdvdread with libdvdcss linked

Other misc_no1 at houston.rr.com
Mon Nov 20 08:26:58 CET 2006

Any users of libdvdread out there??? (however, may not be a libdvdread issue . . .)

I have been trying to compile libdvdread with dvdcss linked, but I keep getting the following error when running libdvdread's configure:
  checking dynamic linker characteristics... Win32 ld.exe
  checking dvdcss/dvdcss.h usability... yes
  checking dvdcss/dvdcss.h presence... yes
  checking for dvdcss/dvdcss.h... yes
  checking for dvdcss_interface_2 in -ldvdcss... no
  configure: error: You need libdvdcss.so.2 or later
The full command I am using is as follows:

  ./configure --with-libdvdcss-includes=/usr/include --with-libdvdcss-libs=/usr
  /lib (My libdvdcs includes and libraries are in /usr/include and /usr/lib)
I am running under MinGW/MSYS. When I tried only './configure', I got errors with not having dlopen.

When the configure script compiles the test program to verify libdvdcss, it uses -ldvdcss and appears to have the proper -I and -L arguments to reference the libdvdcss library. Also, I verified libdvdcss by trying out the csstest.c program and it seemed to work fine. I did notice, however, it seems to work when compiling as "gcc ... test.c -ldvdcss", but not "gcc ... -ldvdcss test.c", which is how the configure script is attempting to compile its test script.

If you can provide any help or insight, I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks,
Richard