[libdvdcss-devel] Next release will be 1.2.13

Diego Elio Pettenò flameeyes at flameeyes.eu
Mon Feb 18 09:14:46 CET 2013

On 14/02/2013 22:59, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> Next release will be 1.2.13

So speaking about next release, I would suggest a couple of things for 1.3:

 - some symbols exported by the current .so.2 library are not declared
in the header files at all; since the libdvdcss consumers are relatively
known, and few, I'd suggest we check whether they are using them at all,
and if not remove them;

 - the cache... let's start by dropping support for the CACHETAG stuff
which is ancient and nobody follows anyway; I would vote for removing
the cache entirely (the thing backfired on me at least in one occasion,
while I developed xine, because on a tv series set of dvds it would
calculate more than one with the same name... and obviously the keys
were different), but I know j-b is not up for that.

I'd suggest to cut it down to just support the XDG-style cache on
Linux/Unix — and do whatever you want with Windows. I could also suggest
to use libxdg-basedir, but it would probably be a bit of overkill...
(xine uses it).

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flameeyes at flameeyes.euhttp://blog.flameeyes.eu/