[libdvdnav-devel] Supported compiler for Windows?

Richard Hulme peper03 at mythtv.org
Sun Feb 15 15:20:46 CET 2015

Hi,

Which compilers are supported under Windows?  I've just integrated the
latest changes from libdvdread and libdvdnav into MythTV and our Windows
Buildbot (using MSVC) is complaining:

dvdread\dvd_reader.c(1477) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';'
before 'type'

This is effectively complaining about:

http://git.videolan.org/?p=libdvdread.git;a=commitdiff;h=05c4e138c27ad372c2640506017b15f34b3dd92f

dvdnav\searching.c(1340) : error C2059: syntax error : '{'
dvdnav\searching.c(1341) : error C2059: syntax error : '{'

These two lines are in dvdnav_find_vobu_by_tmap():
http://git.videolan.org/?p=libdvdnav.git;a=blob;f=src/searching.c;hb=feb09c3531e2c250f2c3b3dd9fffbe252de9fb32#l1167

If MSVC isn't supported, we'll have to find a way to fix our builder but
it would be nice to know whether it should work or not.

Richard.