Using Network DVD Control

Pranjal Dutta (prdutta) prdutta at cisco.com
Sun Jun 6 17:30:42 CEST 2004

Hi,
          I am trying to make for DVD Control/navigation over Network. I
had observed that when a DVD is being multicast/unicasted by VLC as Server
and I receive the same the Stream over a VLC Client, I don't have
traditional control/navigation over the DVD stream from Client. I need to
change Titles/Chapters locally at the Server and accordingly the
multicast/unicasted Stream Changes. Is there any possibility to hand over
the DVD control/navigation to the Client? Because in this case I see that
in the Client the "navigation" menu bar shows "empty" which means there is
no control available to Client. Is there any possibilty to enable that?  Is
there any means to communicate to the libdvdplay module in the Server from
the Client? Any help will be much appreciated. I would also like to know if
any effort in the similar line is being considered by developer community.

Thanks,
Pranjal