Using Network DVD Control

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Sun Jun 6 18:21:47 CEST 2004

On Sunday 06 June 2004 17:30, Pranjal Dutta (prdutta) wrote:
> Hi,
>           I am trying to make for DVD Control/navigation over Network. I
> had observed that when a DVD is being multicast/unicasted by VLC as Server
> and I receive the same the Stream over a VLC Client, I don't have
> traditional control/navigation over the DVD stream from Client. I need to
> change Titles/Chapters locally at the Server and accordingly the
> multicast/unicasted Stream Changes. Is there any possibility to hand over
> the DVD control/navigation to the Client? Because in this case I see that
> in the Client the "navigation" menu bar shows "empty" which means there is
> no control available to Client. Is there any possibilty to enable that?
Is
> there any means to communicate to the libdvdplay module in the Server from
> the Client? Any help will be much appreciated. I would also like to know
if
> any effort in the similar line is being considered by developer community.

If you want to keep interactivity, then don't stream the DVD but share it
over your network (smb/nfs/apache, etc...). As long as the DVD was
authenticated on the server side (by running a dvd player for instance)
then the client will be able to access all the necessary data and crack the
encryption all in software.

--
Gildas