[mpris] MPRIS misdesigns

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 23:32:18 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Marc-André Lureau
<marcandre.lureau at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This all sounds reasonable to me. I just wrote a document in git with
>> Markdown, it worked well. We could use github.
>>

> Hmm, I also like markdown very much (especially on stackoverflow, with
> the live preview). But the fdo people seems to prefer docbook. (which
> is very heavy and annoying ;) Is there markdown to docbook? (I guess
> not)
>
> Maybe we should stick to docbook, it has more information that could
> be used in different ways. I don't know, I would very much like to
> have a simpler syntax too.

Well you've pretty much given all the reasons to not use docbook
already so I won't repeat. ;)

Telepathy does have an XML format for D-Bus documentation that might
be a good idea. It lets you put the docs with the XML D-Bus spec
itself. http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/DbusSpec

I think Markdown is better for sketching things out though.

Ian