[mpris] [ANN] MPRIS v2.0

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Thu Aug 12 16:05:09 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Mirsal Ennaime
<mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:

>>> Given that we are having an ongoing discussion on the draft you sent
>>> earlier I find this kind of surprising. What was the rush?
>
> Actually, the discussion went on on IRC :/
>
>> For instance, why is TrackId usually an 'o' (an object) but for
>> RemoveTrack it is a string. Shouldn't it always be a string?
>> Theoretically its impossible to fix this as it would require a break
>> in the API. But since its only been released for 10 hours we can
>> probably just derelease it and get this done right.
>
> Argh, This is a typo.
> I don't think amending this would cause any issue.

Its more of an example of what I'm talking about.

I don't even understand what an object path for tracks means. You want
all implementation to have to implement a memory costly map of fake
DBus object paths to tracks, instead of just using an internal string
representation that they'd have already? It makes absolutely no sense
to me.

Ian