[mpris] [ANN] MPRIS v2.0

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Fri Aug 13 15:26:31 CEST 2010

  On 12/08/10 04:07, Mirsal Ennaime wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to announce the release of the second major version of
> the Media Player Remote Interfacing Specification.
>
> It is a D-Bus interface which aims to provide a common programmatic
> API for controlling media players.
>
> It provides a mechanism for compliant media players discovery, basic
> playback and media player state control as well as a tracklist
> interface which allows client implementation to manipulate a short
> playlist.
>
> This version is an almost complete rewrite of the specification and
> enumerating the changes would be long and boring.
>
> The new spec is there: http://www.mpris.org/2.0/spec/
>
> The source code is hosted in a gitorious git repository, there:
> git://gitorious.org/mpris/mainline.git

Having actually read the final version of the spec:

* There is no property to say whether clients can expect OpenUri to work
* Come to think of it, we should have an error that can be raised if
OpenUri (or TrackAdded) it given a URI it can't deal with.
* The tp documentation for the Loop_State type has a typo (Paylist
instead of Playlist - see
http://gitorious.org/mpris/mainline/merge_requests/1).
* We shouldn't be referencing the metadata "suggestions page" for 1.0,
especially since times are now in usec, not msec.
* What happened to the plan to use xesam properties for the metadata keys?

Alex