[mpris] Playlist extension

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeenix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 14:35:36 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Conor Curran
<conor.curran at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Way back Alex proposed an extension to the spec to handle Playlists. There
> didn't seem like there was too much interest at the time, apologies for my
> silence I had a Maverick release to attend to.
> So how about now, I think there are some clients which are interested. The
> extension can be found here.
>
> http://www.randomguy3.me.uk/mpris/Playlists.html

   How about re-using an existing spec for this:
http://live.gnome.org/Rygel/MediaServer2Spec . This is already
implemented by gnome-dvb-daemon, pulse-audio (stab Lennart for not
caring to update to v2), rygel-grilo and rhythmbox. Yes, I know it
seems very much UPnP-specific but if you read carefully its really
very generic.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)