[multicat-devel] Issues with recording and playback

Eduardo Vieira eduardovra at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 22:28:52 CET 2012

I have a machine streaming a TS file (using VLC) to a multicast
address in the network. On the other side I have a machine recording
and playing back (when requested) to a setopbox, over unicast. The
recording is beeing made using directory out mode, with a rotate time
of 5 minutes.
The STB is connected to a TV, and the problem is easily perceived by
looking at the image, in a regular basis the video shows some macro
blocks or get stuck for a moment, depending on the case.
I'm not making any modifications on the other parts of the test
system, except the machine that is running multicat.
The patch was applied against r41.