[multicat-devel] Issues with recording and playback

Christophe Massiot cmassiot at openheadend.tv
Mon Jan 23 22:43:28 CET 2012

Le 23 janv. 2012 à 22:28, Eduardo Vieira a écrit :

> I have a machine streaming a TS file (using VLC) to a multicast
> address in the network. On the other side I have a machine recording
> and playing back (when requested) to a setopbox, over unicast. The
> recording is beeing made using directory out mode, with a rotate time
> of 5 minutes.
> The STB is connected to a TV, and the problem is easily perceived by
> looking at the image, in a regular basis the video shows some macro
> blocks or get stuck for a moment, depending on the case.
> I'm not making any modifications on the other parts of the test
> system, except the machine that is running multicat.

OK, then can you confirm that the .aux file is *correct* (attached program may be helpful ; you may need to adjust the thresholds) ? That is, that there aren't a gap and then 15 packets in a row with less than 1 ms between them ?

What I suspect is that at the moment stuff is flushed to disk, the playing multicat may have difficulties reading. If it is the case, blockdev --setra 4096 /dev/XXXX may help.