[multicat-devel] State of FreeBSD support?

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 7 03:00:13 CEST 2016

On 5 July 2016 at 14:31, Alex Alex <win2000rus at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I managed to  build multicat successfully after searching in multicat.c,
> util.c, util.h all strings with __APPLE__ and replacing this fragment
> with __FreeBSD__.

Thanks Alex. Based on the description on the website I thought it
would build out of the box but it seems not to be the case. I applied
a handful of patches to get it building on FreeBSD, including the
parts currently disabled on __APPLE__. I'll post them here as I go
through and make sure they should not regress Linux.

> In FreeBSD 10.x I got an error:
> cc -o multicat multicat.o util.o -lrt
> /usr/bin/ld: undefined reference to symbol
> `pthread_setschedparam@@FBSD_1.0' (try adding -lthr)
> //lib/libthr.so.3: could not read symbols: Bad value
> cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Hmm, this is strange: I'd expect -pthread to be included, via LDLIBS
in the Makefile.