[streaming] Re: Use M$ Mpalyer with videolan streaming server

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Wed Jun 4 12:56:31 CEST 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 12:38:48PM +0200, massimiliano at SEGRETO.COM wrote:

> I could not figure out how to "open" the multicast stream from WinMplayer
> and/or create a suitable ".nsc" (Windows Media Stations).
>
> Any help and/or alternative solutions would be appreciated. The only
> requirement is the client: Win Mplayer (sigh!)

Hi :)

You may be interested to look at the 'UDP Streaming Application' free to
download and use from www.elecard.com - the useful part in this
application is the inclusion of MPEG2 demux and a multicast URL
scheme...

I forget the exact syntax (it's listed quite well in the README) but
instead of creating an .nsc, you ask MS Media Player to open a URL like:

moonlight://224.0.1.2:5001/rtp

Cheers,
Gavin.