[streaming] Re: multicasting to non vlc

Jorge Boscán Etura red_aux01 at uft.edu.ve
Fri Mar 5 23:17:36 CET 2004

El vie, 05-03-2004 a las 17:19, Ross Finlayson escribió:
> >the problem I see is that "client users" won't download & compile test
> >programs, they just want click'n open with wm, quicktime o whatever
> >mainstream player, that is what i need something easy for the users.
>
> Well, QuickTime Player supports open standard streaming protocols
> (including multicast streams), so your clients can use that.  (It's even
> possible to embed QuickTime Player in a browser window.)
>
> There's also VLC, which is available in pre-built binary form (so, users
> don't need to compile anything).
>
> However, unless you want to lock yourself into a Microsoft-only solution,
> you can forget about using Windows Media Player, because that's not
> standards compliant.
>
> (But, as others have noted, the biggest issue that you face is making sure
> that your clients are able to receive multicast packets from the sender.)
>

> 	Ross Finlayson
> 	LIVE.COM
> 	<http://www.live.com/>

well, so far, no success with quicktime player using the streaming
wizard:

source
v4l:/dev/video0:channel=2:adev=/dev/dsp:audio=0:size=sif:norm=ntsc:frequency=479250:bitrate=3000:maxbitrate=3000

and

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=1024,scale=1,acodec=mp3,ab=96,channels=1}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=mov,url=192.168.166.17:8080}}

hints?

au secours!!