[streaming] Re: Dummies guide to streaming DVDs?

Torsten Spindler spindler at hbt.arch.ethz.ch
Wed Mar 10 08:21:56 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 00:29, Jonathan Melhuish wrote:
> Sorry!  I just installed it via APT so I got the "stable" version by
> default.  I've upgraded the package to the "testing" release, which
> gives me 0.3.1.  Still doesn't fix my problem, though...

Probably you should try unstable. This gave two weeks ago a pretty
recent one.

> I assume that typing "iptables -F" should have taken my firewall out of
> action?

This really depends. You have to check your default policies with
iptables -L as well. If it reads "Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)" for
INPUT, OUTPUT, FORWARD the paket filter firewall is disabled. To make sure
nothing else interferes try "iptables -t nat -L" as well and see if all
chains there are off.

Bye,
Torsten