[streaming] Re: streaming inside or outside?

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 7 13:22:19 CEST 2005

Generally, use mmsh streaming and you can demo anywhere.  You set the router
at your server end (your office) to use NAT, so that it passes incoming TCP
connections on port 1234 to your actual PC doing the serving.  Then
configure your server so it is serving mmsh to 127.0.0.1 (LocalHost) port
1234.  You can then connect from anywhere on the 'Net (unless the customer
is explicitly blocking, as sometimes happens with firewalls, but is fairly
rare).

At the customer site you do:
vlc mmsh://the_router_Internet_IP_address:1234
or, using WMP as the client:
Open URL   mms://the_router_Internet_IP_address:1234

For the latter, the WMP client needs to have TCP enabled under the Network
tab of its Options.

  _____