[streaming] VideoLAN and DVB-C ?

Neil Miles neil.miles at ericsson.com
Sat Apr 23 15:44:06 CEST 2005

Hi,

I was hoping to stream the local cable TV channels with vlc preferably
transcoding from mpeg2 to mpeg4. But unfortunately I see after looking
closely that only DVB-S/T are supported.

I could of course use DVB-S as the same channels are available on
Satellite, but is there any particular reason why dvb-c is not supported
(technical?). Is there any other solution out there? I looked at
linuxtv.org but seems to be focused mainly on STB/PVR type stuff.

Thanks
/Neil