[streaming] Re: create 3gp compliant content with vlc

Geoffroy Gawin geoffroy.gawin at tiveo.fr
Fri Apr 29 09:25:44 CEST 2005

3gp or mp4 are fine with VLC. On mobile device, only http and UDP protocols
work (livedotcom not implemented, so, no RTSP). If you are using a phone
with GPRS, make sure the bitrate of your file is lower than 20 kb/s. to
achieve this, you can for instance use ffmpeg -i inputfile.any -r 5 -b 10 -s
sqcif -an out.3gp
this will mute your file. To have sound, you will need to recompile ffmpeg
with
./configure --enable-amr_nb
make

hope it will help