[streaming] Re: How to password protect stream with VLC

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Wed Nov 2 20:35:02 CET 2005

Le Mercredi 2 Novembre 2005 09:52, Николай Димитров a écrit :
> I've just read the manuals for the play and streaming uses of it and
> I still have a few questions. I just simply want to password protect
> my stream.Can VLC do this in multicast, like DRM(Digital Right
> Managemant), CA(canditional access), password protect or something
> else?I use VLC 0.8.2. Can someone explain this to me? I see nothing
> in the forums or the documentation!

As Bigben said, VLC supports static key CSA encryption.

It would be quite easy to create other ways to do encryption-based
multicast access control, but unless it is done in some kind of
specified standard way, I can hardly imagine that being merged in the
official source tree.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.simphalempin.com/home/