[streaming] Re: How to password protect stream with VLC

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Wed Nov 9 09:30:21 CET 2005

Le mercredi 02 novembre 2005 à 16:20 +0200, Viktor Kompaneyets a écrit :
> Benjamin Pracht wrote:
> >
> > VLC's TS muxer/demuxer allows to encryt a stream with a CSA key.
> > However, we do not provide any way to share the key (you'll need an
> > external app for this).
>
> Where can I find info about CSA with VLC? How can I put them into VLC (while
> playng) with commandline?

Well, I'm not sure they are documented yet. I Personnaly nevr used them.

You can have a look at the outputs of

vlc -p mux_ts --advanced

and

vlc -p ts --advanced

as a first step and search the mailing lists arcive with these
parametters.

I guess changing the key on the fly will require some hacking in the ts
modules, but should be possible

--
BigBen