[streaming] Re: PROBLEM WHILE COMPILING THE SOURCE CODE OF VLC

Caetano, Yves Yves.Caetano at sebprivatebank.com
Thu Sep 1 08:02:28 CEST 2005

Are you using windows?

Concerning the codecs, it always depends what you want to do. I think if you
nearly want to have all the features you need at least the following
packages:

A52dec
Ffmpeg
Libdvbpsi (if you want to use a DVB card)
Libdvdcss
Libdvdread
Libmad
Mpeg2dec

Concerning the compiling...i know that for unix for example you need to
compile the ffmpeg package with a gcc older than 4.0 ....gcc 3.4 is fine.
All the rest should compile with gcc4.0. If you now compile in
windows...there I cannot help you since I do not have any experience in that
area.

cu