[streaming] VoD with authentication

Son Minh Tran son-minh.tran at int-evry.fr
Mon Mar 6 17:03:03 CET 2006

Dear all,
Recently due to (thanks to) the need of  our  project  here, I
implemented  the  authentication  feature  for VoD (based on RTSP)
into  VLC. So if  you are interested in this  feature  I can resubmit
the modified code to  you. Some more details  on the  this
authentication are followings:
- As VOD client, you can start Vlc with 2 more options:     --rtsp-user
<string>    for   RTSP user name   and --rtsp-pwd <string>  for  RTSP
password. They will be used if  the VoD server asks for authentication
- As VOD server, you can start Vlc with 4 more options:
 1. --rtsp-authen, --no-rtsp-authen  RTSP with authentication (default
disabled)
 2. --rtsp-masked-pwd, --no-rtsp-masked-pwd Shadowed password (default
disabled). It means the password file located on serverside does not
expose the raw password in the file
 3. --rtsp-pwd-file <string>   Password file containing users (who can
access the server) and their passwords
 4. --rtsp-realm <string>      Realm for password: used to  mask the
passwork in the password file
You let me  know your opions on this feature
Regards