[streaming] Question on the meaning of file-caching and udp-caching settings

Xiaolin Cheng xiaolin.cheng at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 10:31:49 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I am new to VLC streamer.

I got confused about file-caching and udp-caching settings. From what I
understand, file-caching is for the file-read buffer when VLC streams out a
file to network, and udp-caching is for the receive-store buffer when VLC
reads a stream from network. Am I right?

Please clarify me those two settings. I learned that both have the default
values as 300ms . What is the maximum allowed values?

Thank you for your help.