[streaming] NEED HELP

Johnny R vasiana09 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 02:17:31 CET 2009

thx to the team, a specially to Matt,
You are right about the cvlc command, it was mentioned in the manual ...
Anyway I ll test it tomorrow.
regarding my goal, I think it will better to explain before my architecture:
 My server is (cluster) is an isolated little room so I am a little bit
convinced that I ll not be able to connect directly my device (like webcam,
camera or something else ...) to it.
That's why I was asking if there is a way to use the server in a kind of
situation  like I am using my cam here with my laptop ,connected to the
server (in the same network) and doing the streaming but controlling it by
using putty to emulate the server terminal  ... Weird and complicated isn't
it? If not, I ll have to connected my devices to the server ... but how?
I another hand, I am unable to stream ogg and flv file ... should I have to
converts the file format into mpeg or something else ?
I attached my architecture ... Take a loot at it plz (it is just for the
test but I have to reorganize everything after 'cos I ll use IPcop to secure
the LAN)
thx again ...
Best regards ...