[Translators] VLC Skin Editor - Call to translators

Daniel Dreibrodt daniel.dreibrodt at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:23:37 CEST 2009

Hello dear translators!

There exist already a few translations for the Skin Editor although most
are incomplete. A guide on doing translations for that program is
available at http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=54810

For the next version a few more strings are added to the language files.

In detail they are the following:

#The toolbar
TOOLBAR_OPEN|Open a skin...
TOOLBAR_SAVE|Save skin modifications
TOOLBAR_UNDO|Undo
TOOLBAR_REDO|Redo
TOOLBAR_MOVE|Item moving tool
TOOLBAR_PATH|Slider editing tool

#Preferences window
WIN_PREFS_TBAR_L|Show toolbar:|

I would like to notify those who already did translations of these
changes. I tried adapting your language files by inserting Google
translations where needed. But these are of course not so good.

Furthermore in the past there was a bug that made it impossible to use
certain non-roman characters, this has now been fixed.

Check out the latest version of the language files at
http://d-gfx.kognetwork.ch/VLC/skineditor/ or at
http://svn.videolan.org/listing.php?repname=VLC+Skin+Designer&path=%2Ftrunk%2Flang%2F#_trunk_lang_

This is the status of the current translations:

/*English*/ - complete - translated by me
/*Catalan*/ - *incomplete + needs abovementioned additions* - translated
by Xènia Albà <xenia_alba at hotmail.com>
/*Dutch*/ - complete, but *needs abovementioned additions *- translated
by Myckel Habets <myckel at sdf.lonestar.org>
/*German*/ - complete and up to date - translated by me
/*French*/ - *incomplete* - translated by Jean-Baptiste Kempf
<jb at videolan.org>
/*Korean */- complete, but *needs abovementioned additions* - translated
by airplanez at gmail.com <mailto:airplanez at gmail.com>
/*Russian*/ - *incomplete + needs abovementioned additions* - translated
by Andrey Wolk <andywolk at gmail.com>
/*Slovak*/ - complete, but *needs abovementioned additions* - translated
by Marián Hikaník <podnety at mojepreklady.net>
/*Swedish*/ - *incomplete + needs abovementioned additions* - translated
by Daniel Nylander <po at danielnylander.se>

Please update or complete your translations as soon as possible, if you
have the time and will to do so.
Also everybody else is encouraged to do a translation for his language,
if it is missing in the list.

Best regards,
Daniel Dreibrodt