[Translators] Translations for VLC 1.0.0

Otto Kekäläinen otto at sange.fi
Wed Jun 17 16:22:40 CEST 2009

Lainaus Christophe Mutricy <xtophe at chewa.net>:
> It's better to use the ones in
> http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc.git;a=tree;f=po;hb=1.0-bugfix

Do you merge these back to trunk automatically?

>> - where I can download the third release candidate of VLC? The
>> testing of translation could be useful, because I don´t know at
>> this time, in which context are used strings "Wet" or "Dry".
>
> http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-1.0.0-rc3/ has binaries
> for win and mac. c_korn's PPA has a package for ubuntu

On page http://nightlies.videolan.org/
is line
deb http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/intrepid-i386/arch ./
-> 404 not found

it should be
deb http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/intrepid-i386 ./

..however there is no VLC 1.0 available in there.

In your post you mentioned C_Korn's PPA, but it took some time for me
to find it, so I'll post instructions here:

1. add source
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/c-korn/vlc/ubuntu jaunty main

2. add key
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com
15346b12eaff594dace39b55d739676f7613768d

3. update package cache and install VLC

There is also a PPA by Onestone, but he has got the package wrong
(missing dependencies etc) so don't waste your time installing them.

--
Otto Kekäläinen
www.sange.fi