[Translators] Help on Translation error of Vietnamese

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Tue Jan 19 23:53:32 CET 2010

Hello,

anh phan a écrit :
> Hello, my name is phan anh and i am the maintainer of Vietnamese
> Translation.
> Attaching along with this email is the .Po file of Vietnamese
> translation, it got an error which i couldn't solve.

There were 3 different types of problems:

1/ If the string to translate contains a %s or %i, ...  the translated
string need to contain one also. The %s are replaced by strings, the %i
by numbers, ... at runtime.

I've added the missing %s at the end of the string so that there is no
longer any error and I marked the string as fuzzy.

2/ special characters like " or % needs to be protected by a \ (like \"
or \% ). Also you can't have a \ alone, you need to use \\.

There was a few translated strings where in \" the " was missing so I
added it.

3/ There was a string with a strange \X character. So I removed the
character and marked the string as fuzzy

I've commited your changes and you can redownload the fixed file at :
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc/vlc-1.0.git;a=blob_plain;f=po/vi.po;hb=87359f333d925d1c7ba06e983353337bc7c37be6

Thanks

--
Xtophe