[Translators] Chinese Simp translation update for VLC 1.1.1

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Sat Jul 17 01:54:45 CEST 2010

> Updated according to commit 4b14079090ead39bea7f629641592b576e528a4c.
>
> New PO file at: http://2.xslidian.sinaapp.com/VLC-1.1-zh_CN.zip .

Merged. Thanks

However, I doubt the default encoding for a chinese subtitle file would
be Windows-1252 (which is western european languagues)

So I'd like to attire the attention of all translators on these 2 specific
strings where a literal translation is not what we need as explained in
the comment (sadly i'm not sure all translating app present the comments
correctly.

#. xgettext:
#. The Windows ANSI code page most commonly used for this language.
#. VLC uses this as a guess of the subtitle files character set
#. (if UTF-8 and UTF-16 autodetection fails).
#. Western European languages normally use "CP1252", which is a
#. Microsoft-variant of ISO 8859-1. That suits the Latin alphabet.
#. Other scripts use other code pages.
#.
#. This MUST be a valid iconv character set. If unsure, please refer
#. the VideoLAN translators mailing list.
#: modules/codec/subtitles/subsdec.c:300
msgctxt "GetACP"
msgid "CP1252"
msgstr "GB18030"

and

#. xgettext:
#. The character encoding name in parenthesis corresponds to that used
for
#. the GetACP translation. "Windows-1252" applies to Western European
#. languages using the Latin alphabet.
#: modules/codec/subtitles/subsdec.c:101
msgid "Default (Windows-1252)"
msgstr "默认 (Windows-1252)"

In the first one you need to choose a failsafe encoding. That is the
most likely encoding for text file in your language.

The bracket part of the second string need to match the first string.

So in this specific case i replaced msgstr "默认 (Windows-1252)" by
msgstr "默认 (GB18030)"

--
Xtophe