[Translators] Japanese translation for vlc-1.1.1

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Jul 25 14:41:35 CEST 2010

	Fumio-san hello,

Le vendredi 23 juillet 2010 19:50:19 Fumio Nakayama, vous avez écrit :
> I have updated Japanese translation for vlc-1.1.1.
> Please merge the following file.
> http://n6a.net/vlc/1.1.1/ja.po
>
> $ LANG=C msgfmt --statistics -v -o vlc.mo ja.po
> 5442 translated messages.

This one:

#. xgettext:
#. The character encoding name in parenthesis corresponds to that used for
#. the GetACP translation. "Windows-1252" applies to Western European
#. languages using the Latin alphabet.
#: modules/codec/subtitles/subsdec.c:101
msgid "Default (Windows-1252)"
msgstr "デフォルト(Windows-1252)"

and that one:

#. xgettext:
#. The Windows ANSI code page most commonly used for this language.
#. VLC uses this as a guess of the subtitle files character set
#. (if UTF-8 and UTF-16 autodetection fails).
#. Western European languages normally use "CP1252", which is a
#. Microsoft-variant of ISO 8859-1. That suits the Latin alphabet.
#. Other scripts use other code pages.
#.
#. This MUST be a valid iconv character set. If unsure, please refer
#. the VideoLAN translators mailing list.
#: modules/codec/subtitles/subsdec.c:300
msgctxt "GetACP"
msgid "CP1252"
msgstr "CP1252"

does not look right to me. As far as I can tell, they should rather be
translated to "デフォルト(Shift JIS)" and "CP932" respectively.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/