[Translators] VLC Armenian translation

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Tue Sep 21 23:54:22 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 21, 10 at 16:16 +0500, Eduard Babayan wrote:
> I have updated Armenian translation. Here is the link for updated
> .po/.mo files: http://url.file.am/?stTMG

Merged. Thanks.

> Also, if it's possible, please change language code from hy to hy-AM
> (AM for Armenia).
> This is needed for following reasons:
> 1. Armenian language spoken in Armenia differ from the one spoken in
> other countries, so this is the same thing as with en-US/en-GB.

Until someone send a translation for an other dialect of Armenian, there
no point making difference between the various Armenian dialects.

> 2.The code is hy-AM in other projects (Firefox, FF Extensions,
> Inkscape) so most users will have lang env variable set to hy-AM not
> hy.

Gettext is smart enough to choose xx as locacale is xx_YY is not
present.

So I don't see any advantage in using hy_AM. It would just mean that
some Armenian speaker have to use english instead of an armenian
translation slightly wrong for they country.

--
Xtophe