[Translators] [vlc-devel] ANLoc Localisation Project

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed May 25 11:47:05 CEST 2011

   Hello,

On Wed, 25 May 2011 11:43:51 +0200, Ibraahiima SAAR
<ibrahima.sarr at pulaagu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I downloaded the Fulah file and I am working on it right now. Wow!! All
> those strings marked "fuzzy"!! I noticed that many translations have
> nothing to do with the original string. Is is because strings have
> changed? Anyway work is in progress for Fulah and I hope to finish it
> as soon as possible.

When gettext detects a new to-be-translated string, it tries to find a
"similar" existing string. If it finds one, it copies the translation and
marks it fuzzy so that the translator can review/fix the computer's choice.

Unfortunately, the choices that gettext makes are sometimes dubious.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/