[Translators] Scottish Gaelic (again)

Yaron Shahrabani sh.yaron at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 12:12:22 CEST 2012

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Michael Bauer <fios at akerbeltz.org> wrote:

> Hi Yaron,
>
> 07/04/2012 01:44, sgrìobh Yaron Shahrabani:
>
> Hi Michael, I'm not sure this file is even updated.
>>
> Probably not but it's still a good starting point for the most visible
> strings. The whole thing is a bit big and while I've used VLC for many
> years, I've rarely delved THAT deep down into all it can do. Plus some of
> the terminology is really tricky for Gaelic, so VLC lite is good for
> starters.

OK... so each and everytime you need to updated from POT you will override
the new changes? I don't get the idea...

> Feel free to copy your translation to the more recent Transifex project
>> located at:
>> https://www.transifex.net/**projects/p/vlc-trans/<https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/vlc-trans/>
>>
> Well, I'm not sure on two counts, for one, it's a commercial project
> (which is fine, people have to make a living but since no one is paying me
> to do this...) and for the most part, in terms of l10n for Gaelic, it's
> just me. Having a collaborative tool isn't high priority.

Transifex? Why should it bother you? Their licensing allows you to work
freely on your document and use their hosting for free, nothing fishy, look
at the licenses.

> The biggest issue would be that, as you said, nothing is going upstream
> from there at the moment. I really don't fancy waiting for 2 projects to
> respond before something is committed or released so for now, I'll jump
> through whatever hoops VLC needs me to jump through.

So all you have to do it send a mail to the translators list with the link
to your translation and that's it.

We were also thinking about sending an e-mail to the list with all the PO
files we have, this way we won't have to bother you guys and lets hope that
soon our project will be so big that the VLC staff will know to pull their
translations from us automatically and there will be no loss of work, you
are more than welcome to try and encourage the team to do so.