[Translators] Scottish Gaelic (again)

Michael Bauer fios at akerbeltz.org
Wed Apr 18 16:27:43 CEST 2012

Sorry for the delay, I was on a much needed holiday

09/04/2012 11:12, sgrìobh Yaron Shahrabani:
> OK... so each and everytime you need to updated from POT you will
> override the new changes? I don't get the idea...
No, I won't, I'm just using the Minimal VLC file as a starting point,
once I have that committed, I'll get the most recent from VLC directly.
As I said, the main reason to use that one was because it offers you the
most commonly seen strings. As a team of 1, I don't have the time or
stamina to do 34k strings most of which our target users will never see.

>     Transifex? Why should it bother you? Their licensing allows you to
>     work freely on your document and use their hosting for free,
>     nothing fishy, look at the licenses.

It bothers me because it says "Free for limited time up to 15,000 words,
single project". I remember getting bitten once before with a project
that offered a free version of something which turned out to mean "free
for half a year".

> We were also thinking about sending an e-mail to the list with all the
> PO files we have, this way we won't have to bother you guys and lets
> hope that soon our project will be so big that the VLC staff will know
> to pull their translations from us automatically and there will be no
> loss of work, you are more than welcome to try and encourage the team
> to do so.
Well, I'll keep an eye on that option and maybe change my mind once I
have a better feel for the VLC l10n process, ok?

Cheers

Michael