[Translators] Bengali Translator

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Tue Mar 13 18:34:06 CET 2012

Hello!

Am 13.03.2012 14:14, schrieb Swarnava Sengupta:
> I sent mail to them already couple of month ago..still no reply
> yet..how a opensource project become close source? :|

This is new information (at least to me).

You can of course start modifying the file. But if the current
translators are still working on the translation, the work will be done
twice. Or even worse:
You and the other team did both all of the work and send the po to vlc
but disagree about the "right" translation. Then someone not speaking
any bengali has to choose the right one. A lot of work and very little
fun for everyone...

Checking the git history shows: in October 2011 was a new commit to this
file from Israt Jahan. I would call that recent activity.

Mailing again seems like a good idea to me.

Regards

Christoph