[Translators] Updated french translation for vlc-2.1.0-git

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Mon May 14 18:33:48 CEST 2012

Hello!

On 14.05.2012 18:07, Eric Lassauge wrote:
> Other point: I'm still searching a tool to "synchronize" 2 .po files. In my case
> I worked on one side on an updated 2.0.1 file and on the other side on the git
> (2.1.0-git) version and I had to copy/paste manually between 2 poedit windows.
> Do you have something better?

Depends on what exactly you are referring to with "synchronize".

You can use poedit for translating exact matches. Basically, it's
opening the old (translated) file and saving all strings to the internal
memory for that language (can be a new file, too).

Opening the new (untranslated) file and using this translation memory
should auto-translate all exact matches and notify you on how many
strings have been translated. I don't recall if they get the fuzzy bit
or if you get fuzzy translations for non-exact matching strings on top
of the exact matches.

The gettext tools should provide something similar and might be faster.
You could try:
msgmerge ALREADY_TRANSLATED.po WITH_NEW_STRINGS.pot --output-file=RESULT

-v won't hurt probably

On transifex uploading a po file to a resource will overwrite all
current strings with the new uploaded ones without modifying the
underlying pot (e.g. the number of strings won't change).
You should check the header if after re-downloading the file, for it
will be overwritten with the header of the pot file, IIRC.

Regards

Christoph