[Translators] Scots Gaelic

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Tue May 22 11:22:07 CEST 2012

Hello!

On 21.05.2012 13:28, Michael Bauer wrote:
> Ok, I've completed the minimal VLC po. Yes, I know it's out of date but
> it was a good place for us to start because it identifies the most
> common strings - the whole po file is a bit big.

Indeed, it is. An extraction of the basic UI-strings might be useful,
maybe I will have a look at this later.

> if someone could merge that into the most up to date po for VLC and set
> up Gaelic as a locale for VLC, ideall so we can test/translate/release
> further.

This is much to complicated to get it working (so many uploads and
downloads). And I don't think it's necessary.

You could for example open you file with poedit and let poedit save a
mo-file of your translation. If you copy this file to the right place
and start vlc with "scots gaelic" setting, you should see your
translation in action.

This "right place" will depend on your OS. If you can not figure it out
yourself (or do not want to waste much time on it), feel free to ask
again here or maybe even better in #videolan (if you don't have irc
installed, use http://webchat.freenode.net/ )

Regards

Christoph