[Translators] Basque revisited

Michael Bauer fios at akerbeltz.org
Tue Nov 20 12:02:45 CET 2012

If I may offer an opinion as an uninvolved party who fortunately speaks
Basque (long story)

There are big overlaps but on the whole, Julen's version reads better
and is more in line with existing Basque software. Sometimes it's just
different style but sometimes the differences in Xabier's are ... puzzling.

For example, "1" in Basque has to follow the noun it modifies, 2 is a
tossup and all other number must precede the noun. Xabier has 1
preceding the noun, which I find really worrying. Xabier also does not
follow the general convention of using lowercase throughout except for
proper nouns. His orthography also seems to be off on a number of
occasions, for example he has "hurruneko" which should be "urruneko". He
also has a strange liking for long-abandoned neologisms such as
"urrutizkin" for "telephone"... I mean, seriously...

On the whole, Julen's version would be my preference by a big margin.

Hope that helps

Michael
(the Gaelic translator)

20/11/2012 08:23, sgrìobh translators-request at videolan.org: