[Translators] [... VLC for Android (translation)]

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Fri Oct 19 00:56:01 CEST 2012

Hello!

On 15.10.2012 04:03, Sidney Doria wrote:
> please reject that translation.
>
> I'll send you the strings.xml translated to pt_BR ASAP.
>
> I'm unconfortable with this surprise. There's a new translation in
> progress and a new coordinator for a project that nobody from Videolan
> ask me to translate. Until now I believed VLC media player was 100%
> translated to pt_BR since 2008. If I stll have this option, I don't
> want to use transifex by now.

You don't have to use transifex. Not for translating and not even for
pushing translations (pt_BR is almost always at 100%, so I don't expect
many separate updates between 2 release).

You are still the pt_BR maintainer. All I did was giving him some rights
at transifex. And I told him to contact you before starting with the
translation, so I thought he asked you if you also want to translate the
android files.

> Is there any other translation project in progress that should I take
> care, apart from VLC media player and the android port of it?

I am aware of vlc, the videolan website, vlc for android and vlmc having
messages to translate. I can provide links to each of the definition
(pot like) files.

> Finally, should I expect new translation instructions from Xtophe? If
> you are the new Videolan translation manager, let me know.

Xtophe's advice still is more useful than mine, but it's possible that I
will be answering faster.

I hope that helps.

Do you want to have a look at the new translation or do you prefer to
start from scratch? (~132 messages for android)

Best regards

Christoph