[Translators] Fwd: [videolan] videolan website language

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Sun Apr 28 15:12:12 CEST 2013

Hello!

> Begin forwarded message:

>> *Subject:* *[videolan] videolan website language*
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am from Hong Kong and have been a vlc user for a long time.
>> Today, when  I visited the videolan website and found that it is
>> in simplified Chinese.
>> However, we use */Traditional Chinese/* in Hong Kong.
>> If Traditional Chinese is not supported,
>> can you please at least change it back to English?

If your browser's default language is set to zh, the videolan website
will be shown in zh_CN.

If zh_TW is your default and zh_TW is not found, it will fall back to a
different language. You might be able to solve this by adding "en" in
the fallback list before "zh".
I don't know the fallback rules for every browser.

Can you provide this information:
-Browser version
-browser language setting (top 3 will do)

At the bottom of the website you will find a list of available
translations. Clicking on "en" will bring you to the english version.

There exists a ~ 50% completed version for zh_TW, which could be
uploaded. This will give an half English/half Traditional Chinese for
everyone using zh_TW as browser default. You will most likely still see
zh_CN if you only picked zh (and not zh_CN).

Regards

Christoph