[Translators] VLC on iOS

Michael Bauer fios at akerbeltz.org
Mon Jul 29 12:47:46 CEST 2013

29/07/2013 08:29, sgrìobh Christoph Miebach:

> The binary is about 10 MB, each translation has ~ 250 words plus some
> images (for example for the Chinese translation) smaller than 50 kb
> per language (if needed at all). So we will need lots of translations
> for a 10 % file size increase.
Glad to hear that. I was just concerned because this was one of the main
developer gripes when it came to the discussion of small-to-medium
languages in Mozilla Mobile.

> Now to your real issue:
> We saw your translation and tried to add it. Surprisingly (?) we hit a
> wall again. Xcode does not have gd support.
Unsurprisingly I'd say, sadly...

> The good news:
> Felix is already working on it (he even was before your yesterdays
> email), so this should be fixed in the future. Giving a date for the
> fix is difficult/impossible, though.
>
> Since you already provided the locale data to the Unicode CLDR
> Project, I am hoping this should be a minor issue.
That's great news, we'll be patient! Thanks a lot folks!

Michael