[Translators] [azpidatziak at gmail.com: FUCKING VLC]

Julen Ruiz Aizpuru julenx at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 12:53:05 CEST 2013

2013/7/30 Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>:
> On 30 Jul, Julen Ruiz Aizpuru wrote :
>> 2013/7/30 Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>:
>> > FYI.
>> >
>> > To say that I am now very prejudiced against Basque is an
>> > understatement.
>>
>> Very sad to hear that and to see such behaviors. You should take into
>> account trolls represent nothing but themselves, so please don't take
>> the part for the whole.
>
> I've never seen this kind of behaviour of ANY translator or ANY
> contributor to this project or many open source projects.

Neither have I, and I've been contributing to FOSS projects since 2004
(both as a localizer and developer).

> When you are a minor language, you usually lay-low. And yet Basque has
> been given us more issues than any other languages and more insults than
> any other...

I fully understand your PoV, and you don't deserve to be treated like
that when you offer such a great software product for the masses for
free. Even if you didn't do that, nobody deserves such offensive
attitudes.

At the same time you should realize this is a matter of a language
troll, and it hasn't happened anything like this to us before — you
can check the track record of our language in the major FOSS projects.
Over the years I have seen similar trolls with Valencian[1] and
Tamil[2], but I must confess this one is at the very saddening top.

Julen.

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/oz65qn6l3zii2gzg
[2] http://markmail.org/thread/cwvu5ftf2e2mof5e