[Translators] Icelandic translation (is) for VLC

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Thu Mar 14 11:48:24 CET 2013

Hello,

I'd like to participate in translation of VLC into Icelandic
(is). The actual localization is on the limit of being
usable, it needs a bit of cleaning/coordination and of
course more strings.
So far I have seen involved in the Icelandic translation
Andri Pálsson <palsson.andri at gmail.com> and Freyr Gunnar
Ólafsson <gnarlin at gmail.com>, the latter I know from other
projects.

This is my third try to get updated translations into VLC,
always stranding on the absence of the current coordinator
Andri Pálsson <palsson.andri at gmail.com>. I've tried to
contact him privately (3 times in the last 6 months) as well
as on other FOSS-mailinglists, but without results.

(Actually, by comparing google and the local phone directory
I'm pretty sure he may have emigrated abroad for some
Oracle-contracting business; still awaiting confirmation on
that one. At least the gmail-address seems inactive.)

So please commit my updates as soon as possible ;-)

I'm already i18n-coordinator of KDE and LibreOffice, and
active translator of various other projects. So please don't
count me as an one-night-stand contributor.
Already subscribed to the translators ML.

Here is an update for Icelandic translation (is) for VLC.
Source files were grabbed from
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=tree;f=po;hb=HEAD,
updated with the vlc.pot in that same directory.

The PO file is at:
<http://www.nett.is/~sveinki/i18n/vlc/po_vlc_is.po>

This is a partial translation, roughly 20% translated (40%
of strings) and a lot of fuzzies - but most of the primary
UI-elements are localised and corrected. Much work has gone
into coordinating terminology with other projects. So this
should already be quite useful for Icelandic speakers.

Since there is no mention of Icelandic in vlc.desktop I put
the relevant section here below.

vlc.desktop:

Name[is]=VLC margmiðlunarspilarinn
GenericName[is]=Margmiðlunarspilari
Comment[is]=Spilar margmiðlunarefni ásamt því að taka upp og
útvarpa straumum

Best regards,

Sveinn í Felli