[Translators] website translation

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Fri Sep 27 23:46:12 CEST 2013

Hello!

With the release of vlc 2.1.0 (desktop), I suggest finishing the website
translation next (even before finishing 2.1).

The 2 main pages will be translated. You can see existing (complete)
translations here:

http://www.videolan.org/
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

The pages should be displayed in the language you selected in your
browser and additionally you can click to the language code at the bottom.

Maybe this might attract new translators (that's just my guess), so this
could be interesting especially for the smaller translation teams
looking for new members.

I will upload each completed language and ask you for a review.

If you need a RTL (right-to-left) setting for your language, please let
me know.

------
Reposting my remarks on the vlc 2-1 release:
Every language above 30% (for vlc-2.1) should appear in the preferences
(CTRL+P) as an option for "Menus language:".

Please check!

We should also be able to add the newer (less complete) translations in
the nightly builds, just ask (me) for it.

If you want to be mentioned in the Authors list (About->Authors; scroll
down for translators) and you are not yet, please send your transifex
username, your real name and the email address you want to be used (for
the git commits) to me:

christoph.miebach AT web.de

Telling the language(s) you were working on might help as well.

------
vlmc:
Don't put too much work here. It is far from being released and the
developers have little time.
Do NOT start with it! vlc (desktop, android, ios) and website are more
important.

Thanks for all the work!

Best regards

Christoph