[Translators] hello VLC enthusiasts, dear language geeks

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Wed Dec 23 11:38:27 CET 2015

Hello!

> On 20 Dec 2015, at 23:48, Albert Nikanorov <wallmarkets at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> VLS community!
>
> Приветствую!
>
> 안녕하세요!
>
> Дорооболорун!
>
> Folks, can I help you with VLC localization into Russian, 한국어, or Yakut languages?

Your requests for existing languages on transifex will be handled by those, who actually speak that language, but this can easily take a week or two (maybe even more, not everyone checks mails frequently).

“한국어” is not very useful, if you really want an answer. Since google translator is pretty certain and you requested to join the team, I am pretty confident about this is being “Korean”.

For the particular question about Yakut language:

This one is going to be more work than usual and will take some time.
AFAICT, there is no Yakut data on

http://cldr.unicode.org/

I never added a new language there, but I am willing to help a bit. In any case, this is not something I can do. And this improvement will be the first step to enable localising into Yakut language on any platform, not only for vlc.

Best regards

Christoph