[Translators] VLC 3.0.0

Marián Hikaník podnety at mojepreklady.net
Sun Dec 31 11:39:37 CET 2017

Hello,

> I completely agree that translations have not been the best managed part of VLC, but we'll do better for 2018 and 4.0, starting with the move to weblate.

I agree, it is time to make this better in the future.

> And we _need_to remove translations that are too complex.

If I can ask, how do you mean this? Do you mean "cleaning" the translation files from no more used (commented) texts? Or something other?

By the way: Yesterday I only shortly tested the latest VLC 3.0 RC5 (generated on 30/12/2017), but I would like to ask to this:
1. Installer of VLC has some problems with codepage for Slovak language? Because I saw in installer some not correctly displayed characters. You can
see it on my corresponding screenshot. The screenshots can be downloaded from http://www.mojepreklady.net/uploads/download/Screenshots-VLC30-RC5.zip
Not correctly displayed characters are underlined with red colour. But this is only example, problems are on the next pages of installer too.
2. In the RC5 I see some small problems with displaying of font used in main menu of VLC. Some characters are displayed as "semi-bold", some are thin.
You can see it on my 2. screenshot. It is possible, that this problem is only in my computer (OS Windows 10), so for sure I would like to ask, if you
do not see some problems with font in your computers. If not, then we can ignore it...

Thank you for your answer. Best regards,

--
Marián Hikaník