[Translators] VLC 3.0.0

Cristian Secară liste at secarica.ro
Sun Dec 31 21:50:06 CET 2017

În data de Sun, 31 Dec 2017 19:53:54 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a scris:

> > 1. Installer of VLC has some problems with codepage for Slovak
> > language? Because I saw in installer some not correctly displayed
> > characters. You can see it on my corresponding screenshot.
> > The screenshots can be downloaded from
> > http://www.mojepreklady.net/uploads/download/Screenshots-VLC30-RC5.zip
>
> It looks like in the source:
>
> https://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob;f=extras/package/win32/NSIS/languages/SlovakExtra.nsh;h=be68d209357a0c188789667f69e0891983d8b6a7;hb=HEAD#l42

It appears that at one point in time, when the installer strings were moved to UTF-8, the conversion for that string has been made under Western codepage environment instead of Central European. Thus, the 8-bit codepoint for è should have been in fact č and the 8-bit codepoint for Ï should have been in fact Ď. If my assumption is correct, then that string should be like this:

[...] Pre pokračovanie kliknite na tlačidlo Ďalej.

The other í and á on the first part of the sentence happens to be on same 8-bit positions in both Western and Central European, so these were correct by coincidence.

(it is recommended a native Slovak speaker should check the other strings on that file for similar mistakes)

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
http://www.secărică.ro