[Translators] code bugfixes for VLC-WinRT

M T mtrz at outlook.com
Fri Oct 13 15:45:44 CEST 2017

Hi,

please neglect my last mail sending to you with the correct updates for VLC 2.2. The whole maintaining of the translation process
is updated right now and the missing translation updates will be included in the near future.

But the translation of the WinRT Version doesn't belong to the translation process!

Some time ago i noticed that the VLC WinRT project is still maintained and is even translated into French and Japanese.

There was also a german file in the code but since the project moved further and has his focus an the new universal app in windows 10,

this file became deprecated and was deleted because the german file was made for the old app structure under Windows 8.

This whole translation wasn't hosted on any translation maintaining system I think that's the result of the special structure of this

language file. It is a custom structure and none of the translating systems would accept it, it has to be translated manually. Therefore

this project wasn't translated so far by the main VLC translators. But I see new nightlies and that's why it makes sense to update also the translations there. And after updating these file we cant test the translation from the nightlies.

We have already created and reviewed the polish translation and I also update the german one because it was on an old state (the win8 version).

But I find two places were the lang files should be put into:

I think this is the new and correct place:

https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc-winrt/tree/master/app/VLC.Universal/MultilingualResources

and this is an old one, maybe it should be deleted in the near future:

https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc-winrt/tree/master/app/VLC.Universal/Strings

I send you the two versions of the polish and german file. These different versions refer to the two links above.

Either the first link is the current one, so use the .xlf file or the second link, than use the .resw file

Both files are completely translated.

Can you path these files to code.videolan.org?

Or tell me if there is som problem why not to update the translation?

I thank you for the code-update and let me know if there exist some more translation updates.

So, we will test them with the further nightlies.

Thanks for a feedback!

Michi