[Translators] coming VLC 3.0 WinRT-version with 13 new languages

M T michtrz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 19:35:20 CET 2018

 We got some news today from the WinRT version development after I send
Martin <finkel2804 at gmail.com> the translations from Transifex last weekend:

-------------------------------
Hey guys,

So I updated the app with 13 new languages thanks to you.
https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc-winrt/commit/8f1238987f85ebe72eba887b4b6f08a769702036

Planning to release an update this week (3.0).

Most text seem to be fine from what I can tell, but we will be able to add
missing stuff/issues in the next release (3.0.1).
One thing I have added just for English (so currently no translation for
other languages) is the names of other languages now available. We can add
those later.

Also, thanks to a suggestion from François-Aurèle, I managed to use the XLF
files to generate RESW files. Except for en-US which only has a RESW (and
no XLF).

Looking forward to pushing that release, people have been asking for better
localization for a while... Now I will have a look at the Store text.

Thanks again for your contributions!

Best,

Martin
---------------------------------

Some info for further vlc WinRT translation:
In the future we will translate only the XLF file, that's the right one.
If I get a sign from Martin, the resw file will be deleted on Tx because
it's the same as the xlf file and it's generated from it.

I also ask him to change the form on one reported sentence in the source
strings:
"however you may find what you're looking for here"
In my opinion the proper wording of this string is not correct and it
should be changed to a more meaningful form.

We had some coding-issues with the store text files, we'll fix that but the
3.0 release is coming up very soon so this would probably adapted after it.

Thanks again all for your co-working,
Michi